THE ROOMSTORE ARE CROOKS

I bought furniture from The RoomStore. It was damaged when it was delivered. Two months later, they still have our money and the furniture.

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END AND YOU WILL FIND THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE YOUR COMPLAINT.

Have you seen their disclaimer "The warranty is void if they consider that damage was caused by abuse, negligence, or accident etc.?" In this case the damage was caused by abuse, negligence or accident by The Room Store before it was delivered. They fraudulently use they their warranty.

They don't care!!!!

We have tried calling them and they don't return our calls. Just like everyone else. Now we don't want to talk to them.

I'm a patient person. I will contact our credit card company. I also think there are more significant issues after reading this list, fraud comes to mind so I will contact The Office of the Attorney General. And then we will see what happens…

And, I happen to have great media contacts nationally which may be more of a problem for them. A few articles and then maybe take out a full page ad beside theirs indicating that they are not reputable.

They hire incompetent customer service reps and they lie. This company is worse than used car dealers. My lawyer is as sharp as a tack. I have more confidence in him to obtain a resolution than I do talking with any of the incompetent employees at The RoomStore.

I'm sure they do get complaints, but to generalize and infer that those of us that have legitimate complaints are liars, and they pocket millions for not following through is a disgrace. The warranty that they use generates hundreds of thousands of dollars for The RoomStore annually and is not worth the paper it is written on.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM THE ROOMSTORE.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY FOR CREDIT FROM THIS COMPANY

This business is preying on you in a bad economy. Some of us can still afford to buy but we don't want junk and damaged goods for our hard earned dollars.

If you do buy or have bought and have a problem contact your Attorney General. (Google Attorney Generals Office and your state"”there are consumer laws with regards to delivery of damaged furniture, credit issues, warranties and just because they say they say they will not refund your money does not mean they are telling the truth and does not mean that it is legal) If they do not follow the law they will be prosecuted and the companies will be fined. There is a recent case in Texas charging National Furniture Liquidators with deceptive trade practices. They will do the work for you and in this case, they are seeking $20,000 (that will go to the State) for "EACH" violation and they are seeking refunds for all the victims. The Texas AG's office encourages you to call if you have a complaint 800-252-8011or file a complaint at www.texasattorneygeneral.gov. Also contact all of your State Senators and your United State Senators. The AG's office and the Senator's office will let you know specifically what the law is and how to lodge a complaint, Free. The AG will do it for you if the company violates laws and if they have a series of complaints, so send them your complaints. Then you can contact a lawyer if you want. This is the only way to deal with a company that repeatedly uses bad business practices. I'm sure it will be a long time before we see our money but The RoomStore will have a fight. I don't have the energy to do it so I will put it in the hands of other's that know how to deal with unscrupulous people with unscrupulous business practices. I actually might enjoy watching the time and money The RoomStore will have to waste, just as I wasted my money buying at The RoomStore and my time trying to resolve this.

Had an Experience with The Roomstore?

Comments

I am the Director of Customer Loyalty for RoomStore. I will be glad to talk with you about your issues and offer resolution. Please contact me at tjobe@roomstore.com