The Roomstore - Formaldehyde

there couch smelled like a skunk later finding out what it was after coming back to iowa to see my vet. The smell was so bad it ended up killing our dog they never would admit there was a problem so we were never reimbursed.

Then this store moved across the street in casa grande az and changed the name and still had the same manager so people would not know how often does this happen just saying.

In arizona you only have 3 days to make a decision to keep it so after the first one broke they took 6 weeks to bring another so guess what the 3 days have already been gone. This couch we later found out came from china it was written underneath the foot rest, I wish i would have read there reviews before.

Product or Service Mentioned: Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 21, 2017.

The Roomstore - Poor Experience

I called 3 days before a delivery to postpone it because I had a death in the family. I notified the rep on the phone of the death.

They refused to reschedule the delivery. They gave my order to someone else. I could not get my order for 45 days after. I cancelled it and went somewhere else.

If you need to reschedule they will not do it. Go somewhere else for your furniture.

Product or Service Mentioned: Delivery Service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 07, 2017.

The Roomstore - Simple Review #1469684444

Sales man lied about the price and what i would be getting with my living room set. When they delivered my living room set.

It was two different colors and missing pieces. I was told one thing and told if i want it i had to pay additional cost.

I need other items but it wont be from here i will take my business elsewhere. Also poor customer service!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 28, 2016.

The Roomstore - Warranty

Bought a mattress 4 years ago from the Roomstore. The mattress warrant is for 10 years.

I called the warranty department 4 months ago because the mattress is sagging and lost all its firmness. They sent an employee to look at it and he said it was sagging and the firmness was not there. I asked if they repaired the mattress and he said no, they replace it. I was to receive confirmation within 1 - 2 weeks.

Someone from the roomstore called and said the mattress was not sagging 1 1/2 inches so it was not covered by the warranty. The main reason I bought the mattress was because of its firmness. This individual said to call back in 5 months to recheck the mattress, but as we now know, the store filed for bankruptcy.

I will contact the company that manufactured the mattress and see what they have to say. What a bunch of BS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mattress.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 05, 2016.

Show Low, Arizona, United States #1242215

any luck i am in the same boat with my mattress

The Roomstore Complaint

Between late 2012 & 2014, I purchased about $15,000 of furniture from The Roomstore at their Prescott, AZ location. I am generally pleased with the quality of merchandise & service.

However, I just purchased a dining room set from them on 2/11/16 knowing they were in bankruptcy. There are a number of defects in the set which The Roomstore refuses to do anything about due to being in BK since I didn't find them until after the delivery personnel left. Their invoices are stamped "All sales are final". I called the manufacture today (4/4/16) to see if they can rectify the situation & they said there's nothing they can do since they're a wholesaler & haven't been paid for the merchandise they sold to The Roomstore.

Also, I got screwed on the "sale" price. Roomstore had it originally marked at $1,999 which was crossed out & had a new price of $1,399. I got it for $1,200 including tax & delivery. I asked the manufacture what the mfg.

suggested retail price was & they said about $651. Bottom line, watch out for The Roomstore.

They may have been a legitimate company but they're truly shysters now. You'll be stuck with any problems & their liquidation prices seem to be grossly inflated.

Reason of review: Combination of pricing, warranty & damaged or defective product issues.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 04, 2016.

The Roomstore - Good but bad

4.3

I had a good experience with Heath the sales person however, warranty which I still have paid for...and I scheduled recently for furniture to be repaired, I called and set up an apt for 2/13 however unsure if they are coming because I called this week and they said refer to the website which tells really nothing. Are warranties being honored or not!

If not, I hope for the reimbursement, because the salesperson said if your furniture breaks or gets scratched you can replace it or call for the warranty to be replaced!! So, I said ok because I have dogs. So, do I get my leftover warranty I purchased money back...? OR will they still come o the 13th of this month!!

I called and no one knows anything other than refer to website. We shall see...

Reason of review: terrible recliner and scratches on my sectional after less than a year..

I liked: Salesperson heath.

I didn't like: Furniture quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 24, 2016.

Comments

Did they ever come out? I'm having the same issue.

First time I have EVER bought an extended warranty and I can't get them to come out to repair some stitching that's coming unraveled. So frustrating!!

The Roomstore - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE / DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

Today is January 8, 2016 and I was supposed to be having a seat replaced in the leather recliner I purchased from the Room Store. Came with a 5 year warranty!

Started back in about June or July of 2015.

Contacted them to explain what was going on and a representative of the company came out to visually view the chair. It was definitely a problem according to them and it would take about 6 - 8 weeks to get the replacement seat in. Okay no problem. In October, we contacted them to discuss the matter, told the parts had not coming yet.

In December recalled and told that the part had come in and they were sorry no one had contacted us. Then gave me a number to the place that was to do the repairs, however they no longer did business with the Room Store. Called back told sorry they could schedule the local technician to come out and make the repair then scheduled it for January 4, 2016. I received a call just before Christmas saying they would have to reschedule for January 22, 2016.

I explained that would be unacceptable, was placed on hold then told it would be done on January 8, 2016. On January 7, 2016 received a call from the Room Store Customer Service stating they would be at my home between 9:30 and 11:30 am. It was after 12 noon when I contacted the Room Store Customer Service line and was asked to be put on hold so the technician could be contacted. When they returned I was told the technician was sent to Prescott Arizona and they would not be at my home, the appointment would again have to be rescheduled, that's all they could do.

I explained again it was unacceptable. Their response "It's the best we can do" I stated it was not the best I could do and asked to speak to their Manager. The operator told me she got that response from her manage-- or director of customer service. I asked to be connected with him or her.

Now the real slap in the face. I get a guy on the phone who identifies himself as "Tim". I asked what he did with the Room Store and he stated Director of Customer Service. I than began to explain what I was told and the experiences I was having about mid-way through, my wife tells me that she had contacted the Room Store and they would be here in a half hour.

I told "Tim" what had been said and he tells me that the technician is Prescott, they don't have enough money to operate and not enough money to fuel their vehicles, so no one would be coming to my home. I asked which story was true but received no response. When I asked him his last name he says "I don't have to give it to you" His attitude immediately turned nasty as did mine. I can't believe they have no responsibility honor already identified commitments, provide customers with proper customer service, lie etc...but still can collect money from people who have bought the products they represent.

Bet if I stopped paying them and provided them with their level of customer service I wouldn't get the same results. Bad part is I called one of the "now on your side" tv representatives and was listened to, told they had other reported problems with the Room Store and would check into it.

Not much help, guess I could claim bankruptcy and stop paying every one to. DON'T DEAL WITH THE ROOM STORE - THEY ARE TAKING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH ANY THING THEY PROMISE ALL WHILE USING BANKRUPTCY AS AN EXCUSE.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 08, 2016.

Peoria, Arizona, United States #1094996

I have also been getting the run around from The Room store and was told by Tim Walters The director of customer service that he and the Owners don't care about customer service anymore they filed for BK!

Just spoke with the room store today as well and they told me same thing, bc of bankruptcy they won't honor warranties out of town.... needless to say I'm less than impressed with this and plan on calling a news station as well

The Roomstore 5-Year Protection Plan Review from San Antonio, Texas

Don't purchase the warranty on the leather protection. They, tell you that your money will be reimbursed after 5 years.

I, was given the story that my paperwork would come with the protection kit on delivery . BS , THIS IS PURE PROFIT FOR THE COMPANY. THEY CHANGED THEIR POLICY TO A GIFT CARD TO SPEND IN THEIR STORE ! I, TRIED BUT WAS NEVER GIVEN ANYTHING BACK.

THEY MOVED OUT OF SAN ANTONIO .

ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM ??? MAYBE A LAW SUIT WILL PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE !!!

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 06, 2016.

The Roomstore - Simple Review #1451883006

We purchased leather furniture and the chair and ottoman didn't match the sofa and love seat. After sending them back 5 different times trying to get a match I told them I wanted my money back. Apparently they are filing bankruptcy and we won't be getting our money

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 03, 2016.

The Roomstore - Simple Review #1449683916

Style and Design

Bought $10000.00 in furniture from here, they advertise 5 year warranty guaranteed, yet when i call they say it is only 3 years, disgusting to advertise this and not fix furniture they sell even for such a huge purchase.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 09, 2015.