Today is January 8, 2016 and I was supposed to be having a seat replaced in the leather recliner I purchased from the Room Store.Came with a 5 year warranty!

Started back in about June or July of 2015.

Contacted them to explain what was going on and a representative of the company came out to visually view the chair. It was definitely a problem according to them and it would take about 6 - 8 weeks to get the replacement seat in. Okay no problem. In October, we contacted them to discuss the matter, told the parts had not coming yet.

In December recalled and told that the part had come in and they were sorry no one had contacted us. Then gave me a number to the place that was to do the repairs, however they no longer did business with the Room Store. Called back told sorry they could schedule the local technician to come out and make the repair then scheduled it for January 4, 2016. I received a call just before Christmas saying they would have to reschedule for January 22, 2016.

I explained that would be unacceptable, was placed on hold then told it would be done on January 8, 2016. On January 7, 2016 received a call from the Room Store Customer Service stating they would be at my home between 9:30 and 11:30 am. It was after 12 noon when I contacted the Room Store Customer Service line and was asked to be put on hold so the technician could be contacted. When they returned I was told the technician was sent to Prescott Arizona and they would not be at my home, the appointment would again have to be rescheduled, that's all they could do.

I explained again it was unacceptable. Their response "It's the best we can do" I stated it was not the best I could do and asked to speak to their Manager. The operator told me she got that response from her manage-- or director of customer service. I asked to be connected with him or her.

Now the real slap in the face. I get a guy on the phone who identifies himself as "Tim". I asked what he did with the Room Store and he stated Director of Customer Service. I than began to explain what I was told and the experiences I was having about mid-way through, my wife tells me that she had contacted the Room Store and they would be here in a half hour.

I told "Tim" what had been said and he tells me that the technician is Prescott, they don't have enough money to operate and not enough money to fuel their vehicles, so no one would be coming to my home. I asked which story was true but received no response. When I asked him his last name he says "I don't have to give it to you" His attitude immediately turned nasty as did mine. I can't believe they have no responsibility honor already identified commitments, provide customers with proper customer service, lie etc...but still can collect money from people who have bought the products they represent.

Bet if I stopped paying them and provided them with their level of customer service I wouldn't get the same results. Bad part is I called one of the "now on your side" tv representatives and was listened to, told they had other reported problems with the Room Store and would check into it.

Not much help, guess I could claim bankruptcy and stop paying every one to.DON'T DEAL WITH THE ROOM STORE - THEY ARE TAKING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH ANY THING THEY PROMISE ALL WHILE USING BANKRUPTCY AS AN EXCUSE.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $698. The author is overall dissatisfied with The Roomstore. The most disappointing about recliner from The Roomstore was poor customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about The Roomstore.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare The Roomstore to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with The Roomstore?

Comments

Peoria, Arizona, United States #1094996

I have also been getting the run around from The Room store and was told by Tim Walters The director of customer service that he and the Owners don't care about customer service anymore they filed for BK!

Just spoke with the room store today as well and they told me same thing, bc of bankruptcy they won't honor warranties out of town.... needless to say I'm less than impressed with this and plan on calling a news station as well