The Roomstore - Horrible experience has not stoped. My love for Roomstore is gone!
I went to room store about a year ago today to buy a dining set, because my husband and I had a good history with Roomstore, we assumed the same for this purchase.We were going to pay in full for set that day, but were told they could not hold it for three months till July 2010, so the sales-man told us to put it on lay-away.
We did so, and made our payments. In June of 2010, I went to make my final payment so we could pick up the table on time, and was told the table was discontinued and none were in stock till Sept. Furious because we were told our table would be available in July, I went to the manager, Steve, at the time. He was kind enough to try and find a store model and promise it in July.
He told me to hold off on my last payment till we came to pick up in July. On July 2, 2010 I went to pick up my table and chairs and to make the final payment. When we arrived, there was no table, only my 6 chairs. We were then told he had a new table that was a cancelled order, and would be delivered in a week.
Well we made the final payment that day thinking we would have a table in a week. I call two weeks later asking about the table, to find out that it had broken. The manager promised us another floor model and a 3 year warranty, and when the new tables came in Sept, he would replace the floor model. He kept his promise but not in the timely manner he assured.
Now that I have the table, I am now having issues with the wood; it is marked up way to easily. The varnish bubbles from any pressure put on the table, and heaven forbid you scratch the bubble, it peels right off. The table looks as if it is 5 years old, and I have had it 7 months. I can not use one portion of my table because of this issue.
I made a warranty claim on the table in early April, only to be told it was not covered under the manufacturers warranty. I am livid, I have been to Roomstore to test the same table, and it doesn't happen. It didn't happen on the floor model I had, only this table, and I have been told its my issue, that I am doing this. I have other wood pieces from other stores that are used MUCH heavier than this and they have NEVER bubbled.
I didn't pay over $1000 to have a crappy looking wood finish on my dining set. We all work too hard in this day and age, our dollars are valuable. Now appears I wasted a good amount of money on this table, because it will need replacing much sooner than table that was of better quality. I won't be doing business with Roomstore again!
Their customer loyalty failed to keep my high regard.It appears they did "cut corners" this time.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sovena Table And 6 Chairs
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I Bought a Chaise, along with my living room furniture, about 1.5yrs later the Chaise was coming apart. I call the Warranty Dept, and they sent someone from US..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Contact Empire and they had a sales rep out the next day (Saturday). He arrived on time, was polite, took measurements, selected the laminate floor, and received a price quote..."
- "I purchased an NFL jersey on what looked like NFLshop.com from my phone. It seemed like a great deal on Black Friday and it was too good to be..."
- "I placed an order with OFFICEDESIGNS.COM (OFFICE DESIGNS) on Saturday May 4th, 2013 for two Humanscale desks after following a link to their website for low prices on the product...."