MY HUSBAND AND I BOUGHT OUR FURNITURE FROM THE STORE IN FAYETTEVILLE (FL, FD, AND DEN) IN EARLY MAY.WE WERE TOLD EVERYTHING WAS IN STOCK EXPECT FOR A FEW ITEMS BUT THEY WILL BE FILLED MY 19.

WE WERE FINE WITH THAT UNTIL THE 19 CAME AND WENT AND WE HAD NO FURNITURE OR A DELIVERY DATE OR AT LEAST ANTICIPATED DATE OF ARRIVAL. I CONTINUOUSLY CALLED TO CHECK THE STATUS ONLY FOR THEM TO TELL ME THE TRUCK HAS NO COME IN, OR WE DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN IT WILL BE IN. IT IS JUNE 18 AND I JUST RECEIVED A PORTION OF MY FURNITURE. MY DEN, WHICH IS THE MOST USED ROOM, HAS THE SOFA, LOVE SEAT AND CHIAR.

BUT NO *** TABLES. SO MY LAMPS ARE SITTING ON THE FLOOR! MY DINING ROOM HAS 2 CHAIRS AND THE HUTCH TO MY BUFFET. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT???

I NEED ANSWERS AND THE ROOMSTORE DOES NOT HAVE THEM AT ALL!! I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE SERVICE. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT COMPENSATION, THEY HAD NO ANSWER AND APPARENTLY THEIR OFFICE MANAGER WONT BE IN "UNTIL TOMORROW"!! WTF!!!

THE ONLY PLEASANT TIME I HAVE HAD WITH THIS EXPERIENCE WAS THE DAY I WE ORDERED. AFTER THAT I HAVENT HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE. I AM NOW BEING TOLD THAT MY FURNITURE WILL BE IN EARLY JULY!! NO DATE MIND YOU!

JUST "EARLY JULY". WELL WHEN WAS ANYBODY GOING TO LET ME KNOW THAT BECAUSE I SURE DIDNT GET A CALL FROM THE STORE OF THE MYSTERIOUS DATE CHANGE SEEING AS THOUGH I WAS ORIGINALLY TOLD THE END ON JUNE.

AND BE FOR THAT THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE, AND BEFORE THAT THE END OF MAY.SOON IT'LL BE THANKSGIVING AND I WONT HAVE A DINING ROOM TABLE TO EAT ON.

I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING AS SMALL AS A PLANT OR PICTURE FROM THEIR SHOWROOM FLOOR!

Had an Experience with The Roomstore?

Comments

I am faced with the exact problem.I was told by my local store, issued paperwork showing my refund, etc, that my money would be returned by the corporate office due to my order not being shipped.

I have not heard a word from the corporate office and certainly have not seen a refund.

Conveniently, the number I was given is for Capital One, which does help me at all because I didn't finance anything through Capital One.

Customer Loyalty is clearly just something they have in place for us to make our complaints because there are no responses or resolution resulting from using this email address, mailing address, and telephone number.

I have a portion of my furniture but I have pieces that I can do nothing with!! This is very frustrating!

All of their stores are closing and they're still selling furniture that you'll never get but not telling you that very important piece of information.The put the company up for auction on 6/25/12 but knew as early as Septmber 2011 they couldn't fill many if any customer orders.

I was lucky to get my money back in December 2011 for furniture purchased in September 2011 that I never received for an order they knew they couldn't fill. I had to threaten to get a lawyer to get my money back.

If you go to their website www.theroomstore.com they have a form on there that you fill out and send in to file a claim with almost 100% guarantee you still won't get a dime of your money back.Good luck getting your money back from US Bankruptcy court.

I should also mention the company is gong up for auction on 6/25/12 and will no longer exist as a furniture retailer.

The Roomstore filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November 2011 and is closing a lot of their stores.They never hard the furniture in stock that I ordered and was promised would be delivered in 2-3 weeks and they were never going to get it in stock.

I called the furniture manufacturer who told me they had no orders from the Roomstore for the recliner model I purchased and The Roomstore still owed them money from other orders and they would not ship those items out till they were paid by the Roomstore.

I had to fight to get my full refund back.I recommend you do the same.